This security advice is provided to help prevent crime and the potential loss of your valuables and sentimental items from your apartment and when you are out and about.
We believe that if you adopt and utilise the above measures you will greatly enhance your property and personal security
- Think about the amount of cash, jewellery and other valuable items that you will be taking out with you – do you actually need it?
- Take photographs of valuable jewellery and note the serial numbers of electrical items. This will help to get them back if they are stolen and subsequently recovered by police.
- Do not use social media sites to advertise the fact that you are on holiday and leaving your home empty.
- Thieves are the same the world over and will target people who flaunt their wealth, so try and be modest in your appearance during your holiday.
- Find the local emergency services telephone numbers and enter them into your mobile phone.
- There are various forms of security in and around your Community property – please use them. Normally this will be security gates, lockable patio doors, patio shutters, intercoms and security codes to open gates and doors.
- Keep an eye out for people sitting in cars or hanging around the entrance to your complex. It is easy for them to nip in through the open gates after you have driven in or out of them.
- Check on people trying to gain entry to the complex via the intercom and do not, under any circumstances, pass on any security code numbers to people purporting to be delivery or taxi drivers, maintenance men or other holiday makers who claim to have forgotten the code.
- Please ensure that all patio doors and shutters are closed and doors double-locked each and every time you leave the property, even if it’s only for a few minutes. It only takes a minute or so to secure your valuables within the property and these obstacles are a very big deterrent for thieves. Do not think you are any safer staying in a property that is above the ground floor either, as thieves can easily reach the upper levels of all apartments.
- At night, if you must have doors and patio windows open then please close the patio shutters if you have them. In the event you don’t have patio shutters please securely lock all doors and windows before you go to bed – no matter how hot it is !!!.
- If shutters and windows are open during the day or night, do not leave bags or valuables on the floor or on beds and other furniture. Thieves will use rods to hook them out, even if there are security bars over the windows.